Scavenger - Demo
A downloadable game for Windows
Clear your way through a deserted planet with your wits, reflexes and just enough fuel to propel yourself once in case of an emergency.
This short adventure is designed to test out a variety of features, and it's my first game project of this scale. Any feedback is appreciated, and I'm hoping it will prepare me to take on bigger projects in the future.
- In this game, the player character can only jump once per level. Think about when the best time to use that jump is!
- A level editor designed to be as robust and easy to use as possible.
- A short set of levels designed to showcase the functionality of each tile is included.
When Playing Levels
- The arrow keys (or A and D) to move left and right
- The down key (or S) to crouch
- Space to jump
- Esc to enter the pause menu
When Making Levels
- Left click to place a tile
- Right click to erase a tile
- The scroll wheel, number keys or click on the tile icons to cycle between tiles
- The arrow keys (or WASD) to move the camera
- Esc to enter the editor menu
- You can only save or play test a level once the player has been placed. These buttons will appear on the HUD at the top of the editor.
- You can resize a level in the editor by clicking on the boundaries.
- If you can't jump over something, maybe you can crouch underneath it.
- Unzip the files into a separate folder
- Run the .exe file
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.